Operational Director ARS T&TT India
The ARS T&TT India activities show a rapid local and international growth. ARS T&TT considers her Indian operations as strategic and wishes to maintain an excellent cultural and professional fit between the Indian and Dutch operation. The envisaged Operational Director ARS T&TT India operates within our Indian unit, alongside our Indian Managing Director. The Operational Director and Managing Director are a joint decision making team. The Operational Director is responsible for the fast growing and demanding pan India system integration deployments, as well as the software product development and support activities for the international ARS T&TT business units. The Operational Director is a seasoned professional with hands-on experience in complex technology deployments in Western and emerging economies (such as India), according to “fit for purpose” professional standards. The successful candidate can provide evidence of relevant capabilities to organize software development and deployments, using structured methods for systems engineering, project management, finance, procurement, reporting, etc. The success of the Operational Director is determined by his or her ability to support the Indian organization in becoming successful. The assignment for the Operational Director will be for a minimum of 1 year. He or she shall report with the Indian Managing Director into the board of ARS T&TT board in The Netherlands.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Operations Lead India
- Availability of a software development capability that builds and maintains ARS software products with the highest quality against competitive cost and timelines.
- Availability of a service organization that supports ARS end-to-end solutions, i.e. software, warehousing and field services with the highest quality against competitive cost and stringent SLA’s, 24x7 and 365 days per year.
- Line management of the project resources (project managers, architects, analysts, engineers etc.) required to deliver ARS solutions to clients in India. Making sure the required project resources are available at the right moment.
- Continuous improvement and innovation of ARS software products and services and the India organisation as a whole.
- Driving cost efficiency programs in the delivery of ARS software products and services.
- Working closely with the Business Units leads to assure that the provided services meet the requirements of the Business Units with respect to content, volumes, cost and timing.
- Managing the overhead cost as per the direction of the ARS board.
- Working closely with the Country Manager to support local business development.
- Supporting local contracts by participating in steering committees with clients representing ARS on an executive level.
- Reports to the Country Manager with a dotted line to the international COO.
- Has 8 direct reports and 350 indirect reports.
- Responsible for training, development and retention of staff to assure an adequate workforce.
- Responsible for the appropriate facilities for the staff to perform their tasks a.o. real-estate, IT infrastructure, development and support tooling, transportation and staff welfare.
- Master’s degree in a technical science.
- At least 10 years of experience in leading technical software engineering and 24X7X365 service management services of critical IT systems and infrastructure.
- At least 5 years of experience in delivering contracts in the Indian domestic market
- Preferred 5 years of experience in Government projects and stakeholder management
- At least 10 years of experience in working in an international environment, directly with end clients, in the IT industry on System Integration projects and/or services.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading a unit with accountability for profit&loss, HR and staff development and client management.
- At least 5 years of experience in (supporting) sales and marketing activities.
- Preferred 2 years of experience in the Traffic and Transport industry.
- Preferred 2 years of experience on product development.
- Strong modern leadership skills that inspire people to go for the extra mile.
- Leads by example.
- Good negotiator that drives positive outcomes.
- Decision maker that acts quickly without delays.
- Driven by data and focus for details and quality.
- Good communicator in an international setting.
- Problem solver with a pragmatic approach.
- Hands on mentality.
- Passion for IT solutions and UpToDate with latest developments.
We offer you:
- An international working environment mainly with the supply organization
- An informal working environment within a young and ambitious company
- Challenging and innovative projects
- Diverse tasks and lots of responsibilities
- The opportunity to develop yourself
- To become a part of our team and join us for regular team activities
- A competitive salary and an interesting profit sharing scheme
About ARS T&TT
ARS Traffic & Transport Technology designs Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the challenges induced by the rapid growth of mobility worldwide. These challenging questions require 'intelligent' traffic solutions. ARS T&TT has a total of 350 employees spread over four offices in the Netherlands and two offices in India. The headquarters are located in The Hague.
Working at ARS T&TT means working in a dynamic, informal environment with open and short lines of communication. Find out more about ARS T&TT on www.ars-traffic.com.
If you are interested in this position please send us your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application can be directed to Bodil Dirkers. We will get in touch with you to inform you about the selection procedure.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact HR, email@example.com or + 31 70-360 85 59.